MSU Care services are limited to uninsured adults, ages 18-64, who reside in Southwest Missouri and who have income of no more than 150% of the Federal Poverty Level. MSU Care will evaluate the eligibility status for each individual that indicates the need for healthcare in this location.
MSU Care eligibility requirements are:
- Patient must be a U.S. citizen.
- Eligibility limited to adults from 18-64 years of age.
- Applicant has no insurance coverage or other medical coverage.
- Patient must show current driver's license, state identification card or other valid identification.
- Family and/or household income must be equal to or less than 150% of the Federal Poverty Level. Applicants must provide one of the following for income verification:
- Previous year's federal income tax return along with the tax return(s) from anyone living in the same household
- 4506T Form, Request for Transcript of Tax Return (if taxes were not filed)
- Two full months of most recent pay stubs for everyone living in the household
- Proof of eligibility of federal, state, or other income assistance included, but not limited to, SSI, SSD, VA, Worker's Compensation, etc.
- A copy of a Medicaid Denial Letter
Patients who are unable to provide documented verification of income must provide a signed statement of income and why (s)he is unable to provide documented verification. The patient is evaluated and reviewed for eligibility every six months.
All applicants who are eligible at MSU Care will receive free care for services rendered only at MSU Care. For services referred out by the MSU Care team, the Mercy Hospital Charity Care process will apply. Charity Care eligibility is based upon family/household size and income.
- Provide accurate, true and complete information about financial status and health coverage.
- Report any changes to financial or insurance status.
- Update eligibility information at a minimum of every 180 days.
- Keep appointments and be compliant with the treatment plan.